Huwebes, Enero 19, 2012

GOD'S PROVISION

God takes care of His people even in the midst of crises. When He gave us a child with special needs, we need to sincerely trust and be assured that His provisions will come at the exact time we need them. He is seldom early, but He is never late. God’s timing is perfect.


When I felt the need to give up my work for Clarissa, I sought God’s wisdom from the leader of our family – my husband. Claro advised me to close my store and be a stay- at-home mom. And so I took a leap of faith and gave up my business in 2005. I was sad but excited at the same time for it meant that I would be spending more time with my family. A few months after, my husband was promoted at work and also received some financial blessings from his father.  


I realized that whatever income I had lost, God had given back, channeling it through many other ways. When I am in need, I am excited to see how the Lord will provide.  My trust in Him is growing. We sometimes speak lightly of God’s timing, but He truly gives help at the exact time when we need it.


There is hope. You can trust that the Lord will meet the needs of your special needs child. Although to quit working because of a special child may not be appropriate in your situation, you can be assured that as you place your life in God’s hands, He will put you right where He wants you to be. Because I was working too hard and dependent on myself, He took me out of my business in order for me to have order in my priorities and to completely rely on Him for provisions. I realized that my family should be at the top of my list, over my work. I realized too that being a stay-at-home mom doesn’t mean I will stop working. Since then, I’ve found ways to earn a living and yet be at home with my children. I continued to make bead jewelry and consigned these items to other stores instead of running my own store. God also bestowed upon my daughter Clarissa and I a special talent that generates income for both of us.  Clarissa makes modern portraits in acrylic and oil pastel and I enhance her works.  God is good. He gave me the wisdom to manage my time and spend quality time with my family. 


To learn more about financial stewardship and how to plan for the future of your child with special needs, attend the seminar, "Ang Pera Na Hindi Bitin," with Malu Tiongson-Ortiz, author of "Embracing God's Purpose for My Special Child," Ardy Roberto, author of "Ang Pera na Hindi Bitin," Randell Tiongson, an advocate of life & personal finance, and Atty. Robert Samarita, head of LAW Ministry.  See you at the CCF Overflow Room, 4th Floor, on February 18, 2012 at 8am to 1230Pm.  Register now by sending a text message with your name to 09178966258 or 09053784217.   





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento