Martes, Abril 3, 2012

CLARISSA AND JESUS

My daughter Clarissa's new series of abstract paintings is a reminder to us about the death of our Lord Jesus Christ.  When she began painting them last month while confined at home due to chicken pox, I noticed that she did not paint one cross but three crosses representing Jesus in the center and the two criminals beside Him.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at Him:  "Aren't you the Christ?  Save yourself and us?"  But the other criminal rebuked him.  "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence?"  We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve.  But this man has done nothing wrong."

Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."  Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."  Luke 23:39-43

As we read these verses, we learn that we have a choice to believe and accept Jesus Christ or be like the other criminal who insulted Him.  These two criminals were about to die but one of them turned to Christ for forgiveness and Christ accepted Him.   This proves that good works does not save us.  It is our faith in Jesus that enables us to be saved.   We can trust that God is merciful and will forgive us  if we make the choice to receive Him as our Lord and Savior.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16

Make that choice today and receive the free gift of eternal life by saying this simple prayer from your heart:

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for loving me.  I confess that I am a sinner.  Thank you for dying on the cross to pay for all my sins.  Please come into my heart, forgive my sins and be my Lord and Savior.   I accept your free gift of eternal life.  With your help I will turn away from all my sins.  Thank you for forgiving me and for giving me eternal life.  By your power, I will live my life to please you.  I love you.  Amen.

If you just trusted in Jesus Christ, you now have the assurance of eternal life.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento