Biyernes, Marso 9, 2012

ABSTRACT ATTACK

Ever since the Down Syndrome Association's art exhibit at Rockwell last February 16-19, 2012, my daughter Clarissa has not been able to paint because of the many activities of DSAPI as we celebrated Down Syndrome Consciousness Month.  The seminar we conducted, "Ang Pera Na Hindi Bitin" for parents of special needs children, the art exhibit at UST Special Education Dept. and the parenting talk I gave at the Paco Catholic School kept us busy and pre-occupied.  

Clarissa's second abstract painting enhanced by Mommy Malu.
Yesterday, I brought out all of our art materials and set up an easel for Clarissa with the hope that I can encourage her to paint.  To my surprise, my daughter quickly painted the canvas directly without sketching her usual modern "mala-Picasso" portraits.  I did not bother to correct her or tried to persuade her to do her usual drawings.  Instead, I watched and quickly grabbed my camera, took pictures as she held the brush and stroke it on the canvas.  I was in awe!  I didn't realize that she can do abstract paintings!  Previously, my daughter painted a few portraits that look like Jesus Christ.  This time, she paints crosses.  Perhaps she had an encounter with Jesus Himself and has seen Him as well.  Is it possible?  

"With man this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible." MATTHEW 19:26

All glory and praise to God!


See the master at work....
Clarissa painting her first abstract art piece.

Clarissa about to finish her abstract painting.
Clarissa's painting with a little finishing touches by Mommy Malu.
Clarissa's thrid abstract painting enhanced by Mommy Malu.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento